Friday, June 1, 2007

Especially if you ask.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these.

I can't get my mind off of Michael Vick. Today I heard the DA say he has enough evidence to try him. Die sick, slow in it's belly.

Ever act stupid in order to feel smart? It's a clever way of lowering expectations for yourself. Eventually it catches up, like someone who changes his clock to feign more sleep. "It's better to burn out than it is to rust." (neil young) Clever is about as dumb as you can get.

Ruby red cherry hard rock candy. Flavor no not cherry, watermelon. These are the dreams we had. That girl who's lap I laid my head in and fell asleep while driving back from Dorney Park when I was 10. We said we'd stay in touch, but we didn't know our own phone numbers. We took turns in each other's laps. Funny thing that. Thinking back it seems like a 12 hour car ride. At the time it seemed like only 12 days. My best friend's (at the time) father's girlfriend's stepdaughter. I couldn't find her if I tried. I woke up at my friend's house around 5am with HBO playing the movie "The Looker". I was on the floor, she was on the couch. I could've kissed her but I didn't. I walked home 6 miles and slept the rest of the day.

Funny thing that. I don't think I've thought about all that since. I've no idea why I thought of it now.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these.

not so non sequitor: The rat has many theories. The dog has many answers but will rarely tell. Especially if you ask.

No comments: