Tuesday, January 16, 2007

First Bimonthly Update

Topic: Resolutions

Here's the first of my bimonthly resolution updates. Just in case you're interested.

ART
• finish all the projects already started.
I've started work on this but there's still a good bit of work to be done.

• focus on one new project at a time then finish it before starting another.
Sticking with this one so far. Considering it requires me to do nothing as I haven't finished existing projects this should be easy. It's actually very tough because it requires the discipline to stick with older projects.

• heavily promote myself and the art.
Not done anything on this front yet. It's a tricky one.

• line up a gallery show for the fall.
Also tricky, I do have some leads I'm following up on though.

• finish at least 2 paintings a month.
The "finish existing projects" is holding this one up.

PHYSICAL
• improve diet.
It's somewhat improved, nothing to brag about though.

• exercise 5 times a week.
I have this one covered. After being injured most of last year this has been pretty easy.

• drop 30 lbs to go from a 27.9 bmi to 23.7, or 200 to 170 lbs.
Current weight is 197.

FINANCIAL
• start a career already.

• pay down debt.

• Assess retirement savings and adjust accordingly.

Ummmm, not doing so well on any of these, so far. Without getting into any details, I've actually made a step or two backward.

SPIRITUAL
• More Sabbath . . . and LOUDER.
Of course! Are you kidding me?

• Return to Dagobah and complete my Jedi training with Master Yoda.
Adventure, excitement, the Jedi craves not these things.

Over all I'm happy with my progress so far. I could be doing a lot better, but then again, I've never been too strong out of the gate. I'll post the next update on Saint Brigid's Day.(february 1st)

Non Sequitur: This weekend we dismantled Christmas. Some would say mid-January is late, but I don't listen to those people. That's not the point though. Every time I played with my trains Angus would come over and sit next to me and watch them. If I got up and left them running he'd stay there mesmerized. I knew he loved them but I didn't realize how much until I put them away. He sat and watched with a puzzled look as I put Christmas into boxes and brought them to the basement. He's been depressed for over a day now and won't leave his room. He'll get over it but I'm amazed. He's the bulldog who loves Christmas. Maybe I'll write a children's book about it.

2 comments:

Roni said...

I can see the book series now..

How Angus stole Christmas
Angus the red-nosed bulldog
The Night before Christmas (Saint Nicholas visits Angus)

:)

TLN said...

Jolly "O"Saint Angus,Frosty The Angus