or (a preemtive strike against the oncoming tide of new year's resolutions.)
a recap from last year . . .Friday, January 5, 2007 . . . including progress updates.
New Year's Resolutions
I figure if I post these online I'll be more likely to stick to them. I'm open to suggestions anyone might have. I'll post my progress monthly.
• finish all the projects already started. FAILED
• focus on one new project at a time then finish it before starting another. FAILED
• heavily promote myself and the art. FAILED
• line up a gallery show for the fall. FAILED
• finish at least 2 paintings a month. FAILED
• improve diet. FAILED
• exercise 5 times a week. FAILED
• drop 30 lbs to go from a 27.9 bmi to 23.7, or 200 to 170 lbs. FAILED
• start a career already. FAILED
• pay down debt. SUCCEEDED
• Assess retirement savings and adjust accordingly. SUCCEEDED
• More Sabbath . . . and LOUDER. SUCCEEDED
• Return to Dagobah and complete my Jedi training with Master Yoda. FAILED
As you can see I have a lot of work to do. I'll make more progress this year if I can be more honest with myself and stick to the bloody plan already. I'm already feeling better about the whole thing. Right. Let's get started.